Career Opportunties: Machinist
|Reports To:||Director of Operations
|Status:||Temp to Perm, Non-Exempt
This position is for an individual who fabricates parts for various product development and production projects using mill, lathe, drill press, grinder & precision tool technology.
Two-year technical degree or equivalent in the area of Social Sciences, Material Sciences, Physical Sciences, or Quality discipline is preferred, or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 1 – 2 years of work experience in a shop environment
Capable of working with Good Manufacturing Practices.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBLITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sets up and operates conventional, special-purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts. Specific experience with HAAS CNC Mill and Mazak CNC lathe and Mastercam programming preferred.
- Applies knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques: Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished part, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Responsible for quality and dimensional inspection of production and prototype parts using CMM and other inspection equipment and tools.
- Participate in Product Development activities as required, including design for manufacture input.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- Conventional, Special-Purpose, and Numerical Control (NC) Machines and Machining Centers
- Measurement Equipment (CMM, Optical Comparator, Calipers, Micrometers, Dial Indicators, Gage Blocks, etc.)
- Personal Computer, IBM Compatible
- Microsoft Excel/Word
This position will have contact with our biomaterial and its components as well as chemicals used in the research of our products and services. Training will be conducted on the handling and safety practices necessary for the use of hazardous chemicals.
Moderate physical activities encountered in the performance of the job.
Air conditioned and controlled environment facility.
MedShape, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MedShape complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
MedShape, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MedShape’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.